The following points are provided to assist the upkeep of the course and ensure that you and your fellow members have an enjoyable round of golf:
· Repair divots by knocking in the edges and levelling with sand.
· Repair all plug marks on greens with a pitch repairer.
· Enter and leave bunkers from the lowest access point.
· Do not lean on your putter when on the green.
· Players should take buggies around the greens, but not near the edge of greens.
· Buggies are not permitted on greens
· Before leaving a bunker, a player should carefully fill up and smooth over all holes and footprints, and then leave the rake in the holder at the edge of the bunker.
· Always enter the bunker at the lowest point. Pull rake toward you as you exit the bunker. If required rake other affected areas.
· Do not pile sand at the edge of the bunker.
· Push back excess sand.
BUNKER RAKE POLICY
· Always replace the rake in the holder at the edge of the bunker.
·REPAIRING BALL MARKS
· Always start at the back of the mark and push forward with the repairer.
· Use repairer around all sides and slowly ease turf toward the centre of the mark. Do not lift the soil upwards.
· Lightly tap down with putter.
· Remove any loose turf from the affected area.
· Knock in all sides of the edge of the divot with your club or your shoe. Fill divot will sand from your bucket (please do not overfill).
DAMAGE TO GREENS
Flagsticks, Bags etc.
· Players should ensure that, when putting down bags, or the flagstick, no damage is done to the putting green, and that neither they nor their caddies damage the hole by standing close to it in handling the flagstick or in removing the ball from the hole. The flagstick should be properly replaced in the hole before the players leave the putting green.
Handling the flag
· Don’t drop the flagstick on the putting surface as it will cause damage.
· Always lower the flagstick by club…or by hand.
· Avoid damage to surrounds by placing the stick in the centre of the cup.
· Players are requested NOT to use their putter to remove their golf ball from the hole.
· Not be taken within 5 metres of greens, tees and bunkers unless on established pathways.
· Not be parked in front of greens.
· Be kept to grassed fairway areas.
· Be kept clear of all wet areas.
· Have hand brake/park brake applied on all occasions when not in motion.
· Avoid sensitive and newly planted native plants and grass roughs at all times.
· Not carry more than two persons at any time.
NOTE – It is the responsibility of the Hirer to pay for any damage to cart.
GREEN CUTTING PROCEDURE
Greens are cut in a predetermined order. On days when competitions are programmed, the aim is to cut each green before players on the time sheet are in a position to reach any particular green.
Course staff are instructed to proceed with their programme of work and have right of way. There are good reasons for this procedure, including the need to complete essential work on the entire course in the time available after allowing for scheduled competitions.
Players must allow work to proceed be it on the fairway, tee, green or practice fairway. Players must not hit if Course staff or machinery are operating within range
CANCELLATION OR SUSPENSION OF PLAY
The following signals shall be used by the Pinjarra Golf Club to signify suspension and resumption of play:
(i) Discontinue Play for Dangerous Situation (i.e. immediate suspension):
· One prolonged note of siren
Note: This signal shall also be used to signify cancellation after initial suspension if players are still on course in non-dangerous conditions.
(ii) Discontinue Play for Non-Dangerous Situation:
· Three consecutive notes of siren, repeated
(iii) Resume Play:
· Two short notes of siren, repeated
The use of mobile telephones, except for emergencies, is prohibited on the course.
All Clubhouse staff are trained in Responsible Service of Alcohol. They are obligated under State Legislation to observe these principals, and will refuse to serve liquor to intoxicated patrons, and request drunk and disorderly patrons to leave the premises.
Alcohol is not permitted to be brought in for consumption on the course.
The Pinjarra Golf Club is a smoke free environment with the exception of designated areas outside the clubhouse.
COURTESY ON THE COURSE
The competition of the day has precedence over every other match.
Players in Club and other approved competitions always have right of way over social players.
United Petroleum and Pinjarra Golf Club Fuel Discount Card
MEN’S WINTER CUP RESCHEDULED TO SATURDAY 27TH AUGUST 2022
S/Hand Clothing Sale
Get in Touch
Cnr Pinjarra Rd & Sutton St