The Pinjarra Golf Club is one of Western Australia’s oldest dating back to 1912. The club was first established on private land just north of the Pinjarra township.
After the First World War in 1926 a second site was chosen on the opposite side of the highway and play commenced in 1927 with a nine hole course.
In 1938 a committee was formed to seek a permanent site. The site where we are now was chosen, however it was earmarked as an aerial landing ground during the war. Fortunately the federal government of the day made the area a reserve for recreation.
The Pinjarra Golf Club was granted a lease for the site and a nine hole course designed by Dr Eustace Cohen was formed. Later a further three holes were added.
In 1963 thirty five acres adjoining the course were purchased to establish another six holes. In 1965 the thirty five acres was incorporated into the A class reserve and leased back to the club. Imagine what those thirty five acres would be worth to us today.
In 1967 a modernised clubhouse and 18 hole sand green course was opened to the members. In the late 1960’s Alcoa Australia’s involvement in the area instigated a push for grass greens on our course.
During the early 1970’s a fully reticulated fairways and grass greens course was established and still remains today a course with the reputation of having the finest grass greens in the state.
Since 1967 the club house has undergone a number of changes leading up to today where we have a large modern club house and fully stocked pro shop.
The Pinjarra Golf Club today employs six full time staff, two part-time and six casuals, has 630 members and attracts over ten thousand visitors to our course and our town each year, most coming from the metropolitan area.
The Golf Club owes the success over its lifetime to an enormous amount of voluntary labour provided by its members. Providing meals on major days by our ladies, planting trees, constructing grass greens, building club houses, reticulation upgrades, yearly course clean ups after storms etc. There are always members prepared to help. Without this help the Pinjarra Golf Club would not be in the position it is in today.
We at the Pinjarra Golf Club are proud of our course and facilities which in turn provides an attractive western entrance to our town and major selling point for the adjoining Murray River Country Estate.
2021 Ladies Charity Day – Wed 28th April
MONTHLY FRIDAY NIGHT DINNERS STARTING APRIL
Appointment of New Golf Operations Manager (Club Pro)
Get in Touch
Cnr Pinjarra Rd & Sutton St