The following points are provided to assist the upkeep of the course and ensure that you and your fellow member have an enjoyable round of golf:
· Repair divots by knocking in the edges and levelling with sand.
· Repair all plug marks on greens with a pitch repairer.
· Enter and leave bunkers from the lowest access point.
· Do not lean on your putter when on the green.
· Players are encouraged to take buggies across greens, but not around or near the edge of greens.
· Buggies are not permitted on greens
· Before leaving a bunker, a player should carefully fill up and smooth over all holes and footprints, and then leave the rake on the edge of the bunker with the handle pointing toward the tee of the hole being played.
· Always enter the bunker at the lowest point. Pull rake toward you as you exit the bunker. If required rake other affected areas.
· Do not pile sand at the edge of the bunker.
· Push back excess sand.
Bunker Rake Policy
· Always leave rake on the side of the bunker with the handle parallel to the line of flight of the hole being played.
· Rakes should be placed as close to the outside edge as possible.
· Always start at the back of the mark and push forward with the repairer.
· Use repairer around all sides and slowly ease turf toward the centre of the mark. Do not lift the soil upwards.
· Lightly tap down with putter.
· Your completed repair should look like this.
· Remove any loose turf from the affected area.
· Knock in all sides of the edge of the divot with your club or your shoe.Fill divot will sand from your bucket (please do not overfill).
· Correctly mended divot.
Damage to Greens
Flagsticks, Bags etc.
· Players should ensure that, when putting down bags, or the flagstick, no damage is done to the putting green, and that neither they nor their caddies damage the hole by standing close to it in handling the flagstick or in removing the ball from the hole. The flagstick should be properly replaced in the hole before the players leave the putting green.
Handling the flag
· Don't drop the flagstick on the putting surface as it will cause damage.
· Always lower the flagstick by club
· ...or by hand.
· Avoid damage to surrounds by placing the stick in the centre of the cup.
· Players are requested NOT to use their putter to remove their golf ball from the hole.
Motorised Golf Carts
· Not be taken within 5 metres of greens, tees and bunkers unless on established pathways.
· Not be parked in front of greens.
· Be kept to grassed fairway areas.
· Be kept clear of all wet areas.
· Have handbrake/parkbrake applied on all occasions when not in motion.
· Avoid sensitive and newly planted native plants and grass roughs at all times.
· Not carry more than two persons at any time.
CANCELLATION OR SUSPENSION OF PLAY
The following signals shall be used by the Pinjarra Golf Club to signify suspension and resumption of play:
(i) Discontinue Play for Dangerous Situation (i.e. immediate suspension):
· One prolonged note of siren
Note: This signal shall also be used to signify cancellation after initial suspension if players are still on course in non-dangerous conditions.
(ii) Discontinue Play for Non-Dangerous Situation:
· Three consecutive notes of siren, repeated
(iii) Resume Play:
· Two short notes of siren, repeated
© Pinjarra Golf Club 2011 | Cnr Pinjarra Rd & Sutton St, Western Australia | email | phone (08) 9531 1252